Here’s a quick, simplified version of a traditional Thai green curry (with the added bonus of being totally vegan too).
Time: 30 – 40 mins
1/2 tsp cumin
1 clove of garlic (optional)
2 green chillies (chopped and seeds removed)
1/2 cup of fresh coriander
2 sticks of lemongrass (with the outer leaves removed)
Juice of half a lime
2 tbsp olive oil
3 inch piece of ginger (peeled and chopped)
400g tin of coconut milk
Coriander to garnish
- Blend all the paste ingredients in a food processor, it might create quite a coarse, dry mixture but that’s ok.
- In a saucepan, start cooking your rice (as directed on the packet)
- 10 minutes before your rice will be ready put the curry paste mixture into a frying pan over a medium heat with some olive oil to get the flavours going.
- After 5 minutes, add the coconut milk to the pan with the paste, then add 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook.
- In a separate pan start cooking the tofu over a medium heat with some olive oil
- If timed right the rice, curry and tofu will all be ready at the same time. Serve together with lime zest and coriander leaves to garnish.
It’s a bit complicated having rice, curry and tofu all cooking in separate pans but it’s worth the effort.
If you try this recipe yourself, let me know how you get on!